This is a preliminary form to indicate, before you take course(s) at another institution, whether the credits are eligible for transfer to AUD. No credit will be transferred without an official transcript from the institution where credit was earned. Students should familiarize themselves with AUD’s transfer credit policy in AUD’s undergraduate catalog.
IT IS THE STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ORDER AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT, TO BE SENT DIRECTLY FROM THE HOST INSITUTION TO: Admission’s Office, The American University in Dubai, P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Following a student’s initial enrollment at AUD, he/she may be granted transfer credit for a maximum of 5 courses (i.e. 15 credit hours), subject to approval by the Dean/Chair.
- A final evaluation of credits to be transferred will be made upon receipt of an official transcript and course descriptions from the host institution
- Under no circumstances will the total number of credit hours transferred exceed 6 (i.e. 2 courses) of the student’s chosen concentration.
- A minimum grade of “C” or better must be earned in order to be granted transfer credit for AUD-equivalent courses, unless a pre-requisite of “B” or better is required for a course at AUD. Please note that the grade for all accepted credits will reflect as “TC” on the transcript and will not be included in the GPA calculation but added to number of credits earned
- Under no circumstances will the University grant transfer credit for courses designated as capstone, senior project, portfolio, internship or study tour. Examples include: MGMT499, MCOM491, VICD455/456, IDES404, IDES405
- A final evaluation of credits to be transferred will be made upon receipt of an official transcript and course description from the host institution.