The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) was formed on 1 January, 1992, by a decree issued by the late Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum to take over and merge the Dubai Electricity Company and the Dubai Water Department that had been operating independently for several years until then. Both these organizations were established in 1959 through the foresight and initiative of His Highness Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the late Ruler of Dubai, as government-supported bodies with the objective of making available to the people of Dubai an adequate and reliable supply of electricity and water.
Today, after about five decades, DEWA is an inspiring success story known for its efficiency and reliability in every facet of its operations. Constant planning and forecasting to meet the growing demands of the customer has always been DEWA's well entrenched philosophy. Owing to this policy, DEWA has come a long way in serving the customers and thereby making its own contributions to the economic growth of Dubai.
Thus the expansion continues in order to meet the ever growing demand for electricity and water, and keeping this in mind DEWA continues to maintain its corporate structure and functioning in the most professional and advanced ways to ensure its continued success in the years to come.
INTILAQ PROGRAM FOR BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING (MECHANICAL/ELECTRICAL)
DEWA introduced this program, which is carried out in coordination with several government and private universities and colleges, aiming to prepare and qualify UAE Nationals who are:
Duration of the Program
- High school graduates (Scientific Section) to occupy a prestigious position in the above-mentioned specialties.
- Students in their final year or year before the final year of graduation in government and private universities/colleges.
A student will take full time study in the university where he/she is accepted, as per the prescribed study years.
Rewards and Benefits
Students enrolled in this programme shall be entitled to the following rewards and benefits as set by DEWA:
Salaries and Benefits after attainment of Bachelor Degree
- Monthly allowance of AED 6,500 for the duration of study as per the programme schedule
- Medical insurance for the duration of study as per the programme schedule
- Additional rewards of AED 1,500 during the student’s summer work placement for 6 weeks.
After completing the program successfully and attaining the Bachelor degree from AUD, a local employee will be confirmed in one of the engineering positions in DEWA and shall be paid an attractive salary and additional allowances.
Conditions for joining the program
- Annual increment depends on the annual performance assessment of the employee.
- Annual leave for 22 working days.
- Enjoyment of Retirement & Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities of promotion and participation in training programs inside UAE and abroad.
- Shifts’ allowances.
- Medical insurance.
- Annual leave tickets.
- Education allowance for children.
- Applicant should be a UAE National.
- The applicant’s average in the High School certificate shall not be less than %80 and his average shall not be less than 2.5 GPA.
- Applicant shall successfully pass the written tests and personal interview.
- Applicant shall undertake to work in DEWA after attaining the bachelor degree as per the agreed period.
- Applicant shall be medically fit.
- Applicant shall be of good conduct.
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of the Family Book “Khulasat Quaid”
- Copy of National identity card
- Attested copy of the High School certificate showing the percentage if applicant is a High School graduate
- Copy of the academic aggregate, if applicant is a final or semi-final university student
- Two passport photographs
Applications and supporting documents to be mailed to:
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Main HQ)
T. +971 4 324 4444
D.: +971 4 515 0517/ +971 4 515 0414
F.: +971 4 506 6728
P.O. Box: 564, Dubai - UAE
Subtitle: Scholarship Deadline
The deadline to apply for The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) Intilaq Scholarship
is July 25 for the Fall Semester and December 21 for the Spring semester.Download admissions details and checklist in English and Arabic here.