Transfer Students

In addition to the undergraduate admissions requirements, students transferring into AUD should submit:

  • Official/attested transcripts reflecting courses for which transfer credit is sought (Transfer Students must be in good academic standing [i.e., with a minimum 2.0 CGPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent] at the institution from which they are transferring. AUD may require higher than this 2.0 minimum CGPA. As this depends on the university from which the student is transferring, all transfer applicants should consult the AUD Admissions Office for the requirement pertinent to his or her institution).
  • Students transferring from US accredited universities are required to submit an official sealed transcript or and E-transcript directly to the Admissions Office.
  • Students transferring from non-US accredited universities should submit an official transcript bearing the original stamp from the Ministry of Education or equivalent in their country of attendance.
  • Confirmation of university records. Form should be e-mailed directly from the student’s university to the Admissions Office at AUD.
  • Syllabi for all courses for which transfer credit is sought (Students should be aware that they will be held responsible for enrolling in any course at AUD prior to receipt of required course descriptions.). Separately, requests for transfer credit that accompany late applications (i.e., those received two months or less prior to the original date of entry) may not be processed prior to the beginning of the semester of first enrollment.

Transfer credit is accepted by AUD solely at its discretion. In the case of courses taken five (5) or more years prior to enrollment, the “age” of such courses may be reason for refusal of transfer credit, contingent upon the assessment of the Dean, Associate Dean or Chair of the academic unit for which transfer credit is sought.

In order for AUD to consider transferring credit from an institution, this institution must be licensed or officially recognized by the Department/Ministry of Education of the country where it is in operation.

Students desiring to request credit evaluations for advanced standing credit (A Levels, Advanced Placement, IB Diploma, French Baccalaureate, German Abitur), should contact the Admissions Office for information on university processes and procedures for advanced standing. Applicants should contact the Admissions Office for Advanced Standing requirements. Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations provide students with the opportunity to complete college-level coursework while in high school and to gain valuable skills and study habits for college. If a student achieves a qualifying score of 3 or higher on the respective AP Examination*, proficiency credit is awarded according to ACE recommendations for the respective lower level course requirements. Students must submit an official AP score report to be evaluated for this proficiency credit award. * For Engineering applicants a score of “4” or higher is required for Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.


Call: +971 4 318 3266

instagram TikTok facebook X youtube