Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Queen's University, Canada
M.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt
B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt
Dr. Mabrouk is an Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering at the American University in Dubai since Fall 2017. His expertise is in the geotechnical engineering domain with interests in energy geostructures, numerical analysis, forensic engineering, geoenvironmental engineering and sustainable development. He is well published in many journal and conference papers.
Prior to joining AUD, Dr. Mabrouk's experience included engineering consultation for a number of geotechnical companies in Canada working on a variety of applications including geohazard assessment and mitigation, slope stability, infrastructures and oil sand. He is a licensed professional engineer (P.Eng.) in Canada.
Dr. Mabrouk is an active member of many sustainable development NGOs in Egypt and an alumni member of Youth Encounter on Sustainability (YES) move by ETH Zurich University. He was awarded the prestigious "Robert Mitchell Prize for leadership" by Queen's University in 2010.
- Geotechnical Engineering I (Soil Mechanics)
- Geotechnical Engineering II (Foundation design)
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Engineering Materials
- Energy Geostructures/Geothermal Piles
- Numerical Analysis in Geotechnical Engineering
- Geoenvironmental Engineering/Performance of GCLs in liners
- Forensic Engineering
- Behavior of Gassy Soil
- Mabrouk, A.,Rowe, R.K., 2011. Effect of gassy sand lenses on a deep excavation in a clayey soil. Engineering Geology, 122, 292–302.
- Rowe, R.K., Mabrouk, A., 2012. Forensic numerical analysis of gas venting phenomenon in landfill site southwestern Ontario. Engineering Geology.
- Mabrouk, A.,Rowe, R.K., 2012. Some factors affecting deep excavation in clay over gassy bedrock.
- Rowe, R.K., Mabrouk, A.B., 2018. Three-dimensional analysis of unanticipated behavior of a deep excavation. Canadian Geotechnical Journal.
- Mossaad, M. E, Abu Kiefa, M. A and Mabrouk A.B., 2005. Interpretation of sonic integrity testing of piles using neural networks, The 5th International Geotechnical Engineering Conference- Cairo University-Egypt, January, 721-736
- Rowe, R.K., Mabrouk, A.B., 2007. Three dimensional effects of excavation on stress distribution. 60th Canadian Geotechnical Conference, Ottawa, October, 1142-1147.
- Rowe, R.K., Mabrouk, A.B. and J.P. Dittrich, J.P., 2012. Implications of gassy soils on the performance of excavations. Third International Workshop on Modern Trends in Geomechanics IW-MTG3.