Students joining AUD for one semester or more with the intention of transferring credits back to their home institution should submit the following documents. Please make sure that the following items are included with your application, your admission will depend on the receipt of all necessary documents that are required throughout the review of your application.
- Completed Visiting Admissions Application Kit
- Official College Transcript (sealed). A minimum CGPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent of good academic standing is required.
- English Requirements: International TOEFL® (see chart below for scores) or Academic IELTSTM or the equivalent score on another internationally-recognized exam (English).
AUD’s international code for TOEFL® is C005. PBT is accepted from specific centers in the UAE. Students should consult with the Admissions Office for further details. This requirement may be waived for students who are studying at English medium institutions.
International TOEFL® or Academic IELTSTM
- Completed Course Articulation/Transferability Consent.
- Completed Registration & Enrolment Form.
- Completed and signed by the student: (1) Waiver and Release, (2) Consent to Release Education Records, (3) Declaration, and (4) Acknowledgment. All forms available here.
- Two recent passport-size photographs; passport photocopy with validity page; photocopy U.A.E. ID
- Non-refundable application fee of AED420/US$115. A reservation deposit (non-refundable) of AED5,000/US1,370, which is fully applied toward tuition, is required upon acceptance for admission. Visiting students from one of AUD’s partner exchange institutions are exempt from these fees. The list of approved institutions is available online. Due to the high number of applicants, students are requested to pay this deposit within two months of the start of the term of entry. No application will be accepted after this date without the reservation deposit.
- Completed Health History Form. This form must be signed and stamped by a Physician.
- Copy of valid health insurance card.
Visiting students interested in applying to AUD for a degree program must be in good academic standing [i.e., with a minimum 2.0 CGPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent] at the institution from which they are transferring. AUD may require higher than this 2.0 minimum CGPA. As this depends on the university from which the student is transferring, all applicants should consult the AUD Admissions Office for the requirement pertinent to his or her institution.