PhD in Artificial Intelligence/Data Science & Software Engineering, University of Wales, Aberystwyth (Aberystwyth University), United Kingdom
MSc in Software Engineering, UWE, Bristol University, United Kingdom
Dr. Ahmed is an IEEE Senior Member. He is currently an Associate Professor in Computer Engineering- Artificial Intelligence at the School of Engineering at the American University of Dubai (AUD). In addition to Academia, Dr. Ahmed also acquired a blend of technical, professional, management, and business-oriented skills from working for several institutions and organizations in Jordan and the United Kingdom. He developed several software systems and conducted many data science projects that involved applying the latest cutting-edge skills and technologies in Artificial Intelligence. Dr. Ahmed received his PhD from the University of Wales, Aberystwyth (Aberystwyth University) in the United Kingdom, where he was awarded a prestigious and highly competitive PhD scholarship from the Department of Computer Science. He earlier graduated from the Faculty of Computing Engineering & Mathematical Sciences (CEMS) at UWE, Bristol University in the United Kingdom, where he spent a six-month research internship at Motorola Mobility.
Before joining AUD, Dr. Ahmed was an Associate professor at ISRA University, where he headed the Software Engineering Department and founded the Data Science & Artificial Intelligence Program. Dr. Ahmed worked earlier full-time as an Assistant professor at the American University of Madaba, where he also founded the Data Science & Artificial Intelligence Program and as a Lecturer at Philadelphia University. He also worked part-time as an Adjunct Professor at German Jordanian University (GJU), Arab Open University (AOU), Jordan University of Science & Technology (JUST), and Aberystwyth University in the United Kingdom. Dr. Ahmed also worked for the Ministry of Education in Jordan as the Head of Computing Department and as a Project Manager and Software Developer.
- Data Science, Data Mining, and Machine Learning
- Artificial intelligence
- Software Engineering
- Programming (C++, Python, Java)
- Artificial Intelligence (Data Science and Machine Learning)
- Software Engineering (Project Management, Requirements Engineering, and Modeling)
- Bioinformatics (Metabolomics and Health Informatics)
- Business Analytics (Business Intelligence, Business Process and Modeling)
- Alomari, Z, Khlaifat, N, BaniMustafa, A., Genetic Algorithm for Optimizing Blade Shape of Horizontally Oriented Wind Turbine at Ras-Munif, 2023 International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics (ICMLC) (Accepted), 9-11 July 2023, Australia.
- BaniMustafa, A, AbdelHalim, R., Bulkrock, O., Al-Hmouz, A., Deep Learning for Assessing Severity of Cracks in Concrete Structures, International Journal of Computers Communication & Control (IJCCC), Vol.18, No.1, 2023 (ISI Web of Science & Scopus, Q2, Impact Factor: 2.61) https://doi.org/10.15837/ijccc.2023.1.4977.
- Al-Hinnawi, A., BaniMustafa, A., Allatayfeh, M., Tavakoli, M., Reconstruction and Visualization of 5µm Sectional Coronal Views for Macula Vasculature in OptoVue OCTA, IEEE Access, Vol. 11, No. 1, Pages 1—9, March, 2023, (Web of Science & Scopus, Q1, Impact Factor:3.476) https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2023.3257720.
- BaniMustafa, A., Qattous, H., Ghabeish, I., Karajeh, M., Machine Learning for Diagnosing Stone Fruit Bacterial and Fungal Diseases, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA), 14, No.1, 2023 (ISI Web of Science & Scopus) https://dx.doi.org/10.14569/IJACSA.2023.0140198.
- Samara, G., Alazaidah, R., Aljaidi, M., Almatarneh, S., BaniMustafa, A., Bulkrock, O., Sweerki,N., Hnaif, A., Data Collection in WSNs using a Probability-Based Rendezvous Points Selection Algorithm, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Vol. 13, No.1, 2023 (Scopus), https://doi.org/10.46338/ijetae0223_06.
- BaniMustafa, A., Baklizi, M., Khatatneh, K., Machine Learning for Securing Traffic in Computer Networks, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA), Vol.17, No.12, 2022 (ISI Web of Science & Scopus) https://dx.doi.org/10.14569/IJACSA.2022.0131252.
- BaniMustafa, A., Alomari, Z., Trends of Electricity Consumption in Jordan, 2022, International Engineering Conference on Electrical, Energy, and Artificial Intelligence (EICEEAI), 6-8/12/2022, Zarqa, Jordan, Publisher: IEEE, NY, USA (ISI Web of Science & Scopus) https://doi.org/10.1109/EICEEAI56378.2022.10050498.
- BaniMustafa, A., Almatarneh, S., Bulkrock, O., Samara, G., Aljaidi, M., A Data Science Approach for Predicting Crowdfunding Success, 2022 International Engineering Conference on Electrical, Energy, and Artificial Intelligence (EICEEAI), 6-8/12/2022, Zarqa, Jordan, Publisher: IEEE, NY, USA (ISI Web of Science & Scopus) https://doi.org/10.1109/EICEEAI56378.2022.10050465.
- BaniMustafa, Bulkrock, O., Al-qundos, J., A Machine Learning Approach for Diagnosing and Identifying Symptoms of COVID-19, Mutah University, Dead Sea, Jordan, 23-25 Nov. 2022, Publisher: IEEE, NY, USA (ISI Web of Science & Scopus) https://doi.org/10.1109/ETCEA57049.2022.10009835.
- AlRaba’bh, N., BaniMustafa, A., Random Forests for Predicting Software Effort Estimation Based on Use-Case Points Analysis, 4th International Computer Sciences & Informatics Conference. (ICSIC’22), Amman Arab University, Amman, Jordan, 2022, Publisher: AIP, USA (Web of Science & Scopus IF=0.42).
- BaniMustafa, A., Hardy, N., A Scientific Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Process Model for Metabolomics, IEEE ACCESS Journal, USA, 2020 https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3039064 (Web of Science & Scopus, Q1, Impact Facotor:4.48).
- BaniMustafa, A., Enhancing Learning from Imbalanced Classes via Data Pre-processing: A Data-Driven Application in Metabolomics Data Mining, The ISC International Journal of Information Security(ISeCure), July 2019, (ISI Web of Science & Scopus), https://dx.doi.org/10.22042/isecure.2019.11.0.11
- BaniMustafa, A., Predicting Software Effort Estimation Using Machine Learning Techniques, CSIT2018 Conference, Amman, Jordan, IEEE, 11-12 Jul. 2018, (ISI Web of Science & Scopus) https://doi.org/10.1109/CSIT.2018.8486222
- BaniMustafa, A., Hardy, N., A Strategy for Selecting Data Mining Techniques in Metabolomics, Plant Metabolomics: Methods and Protocols. N. Hardy & R. Hall, Springer Science, 2012, (ISI Web of Science & Scopus Impact Factor:1.4) https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-594-7_18.