If you are an international, non-resident studying at AUD you require a Student Residence Visa to allow you to live and study in the U.A.E. Students have the option to apply for a Residence Visa with AUD or alternatively you can investigate other options through the UAE embassy in your home country.
Here are some helpful points to note:
- A dedicated Visa Officer is assigned to process all visas at AUD, and will guide you through the visa application process.
- Sponsorship from AUD on an international student visa usually takes around 3 to 4 working days to process, as long as the required documents and visa fees are in order.
- The first step is to process your UAE ID Card. Everyone residing in the U.A.E. requires an this electronic means of identification which involves fingerprinting and presentation of your original passport.
- You will then be required to take all your paperwork, original passport and photographs to the Visa Officer at AUD who will begin the visa process.
- A medical test is required by the Department of Naturalization and Residency in Dubai (DNRD). A positive result for HIV, Tuberculosis (TB), Hepatitis B or C, or leprosy is grounds for immediate deportation. Students under the age of 18 will be exempted from doing the medical test.
- Fees for visa processing are AED2,000 (US$548) + refundable AED3,000 (US$822) passport security deposit.
- Private health insurance is mandatory for all AUD sponsored students, and therefore students must enroll in the AUD sponsored health insurance plan which is charged to the fall semester bill.
- For other options of getting other types of visas in the UAE, please note that it is the student’s responsibility to check the requirements, rules and regulations with the UAE Embassy in their home country for all other visa options in the UAE. AUD will not be liable or held responsible for any violations, or any complications that might occur due to the fact that the immigration rules might change from time to time during your stay in Dubai.
For full details on AUD's Visa Requirements and Processes, click here.
Related pages for International Students